LES Support Contacts
Jennifer Barrett- School Counselor
The vision of the Magnolia I.S.D. Elementary School Counseling program is for our students to be independent, self advocating and productive community members.
The Magnolia I.S.D. Elementary School Counseling program will advocate and empower the whole child through social emotional learning by preparing lifelong learners to develop resiliency, academic potential, and future success.
My name is Jennifer Barrett. I have been serving families in Magnolia ISD at Lyon Elementary since 1998. I love working with children and my goal is to help all students be their best selves.
As a school counselor I address academic achievement, career planning, and personal/social development through:
- small group counseling
- individual counseling
- classroom/large group guidance
- student observations
- collaborating with parents, guardians, and teachers
- respond to school and emergency crisis
- provide referral resources to organizations and agencies in the community
If at anytime you need my assistance please don't hesitate to contact me at 281-356-8115 or email@example.com I'm here to serve our students.
Mental Health Informational Sites:
Specific to Trauma/Grief:
Community Resources for Mental Health:
Mental/Behavioral Health Services Locator - http://liberty.tx.networkofcare.org/mh/index.aspx
Tri-County Behavioral Healthcare - http://www.tricountyservices.org/
- What is Tri-County? A Comprehensive mental health service that offers many mental and behavioral health services locally.
- How do I access these services? Walk-In Clinic open Monday - Thursday 8 am - 9:30 at 233 Sgt. Ed Holcomb Blvd. South, Conroe, TX (936)521-6100
- Speak to your campus counselor for pre-referral information
Yes to Youth - https://www.sayyestoyouth.org/
- Local Counseling - Shelter - Empowerment
- Magnolia Office - 31335 Friendship Dr. Magnolia, TX (281)259-0440
- The Woodlands Office - 8701 New Trails Suite 118 The Woodlands, TX (281)292-6471
- National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI) of Greater Houston offers on-going support groups for family members of those diagnosed with mental health conditions. No registration is required. Locations in Tomball and The Woodlands.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - https://suicidepreventionlifeline.org/
Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide - http://www.sptsusa.org/parents/
- If you need immediate assistance, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) or tell Siri on your smartphone you feel you or someone wants to kill themself and it will connect you immediately. Do not leave a suicidal person alone.
- Crisis Text Line - text LISTEN to 741741 about ANY painful emotion you feel in which you need support
- Tri-County Behavioral Health Services is our local mental health service organization - their 24 hour crisis line is (800)659-6994
Emotional & Behavioral Strategies Sites:
Kids Health for Emotional and Behavior Information - https://kidshealth.org/en/parents/emotions/?WT.ac=p-nav-emotions#catschool
Secondary - Parent Teen Connect - https://www.parenteenconnect.org/
Al-Anon Alcohol Resource - https://al-anon.org/
Additional support groups may be found at Mosaics of Mercy: https://mosaicsofmercy.com/resources/mental-health/support-group
Lauren Lee-School Nurse
Please contact Nurse Lee if you have any question or concerns regarding medical needs of your child.
Andrea Harper-Campus Behavior Coordinator
Please contact Assistant Principal Andrea Harper if you have any questions or concerns regarding campus behavior.